Please check out my other blog about my current experiences teaching English in Japan! :)
My name is Ashley. I’m 24. I studied Religion & Philosophy in university. Study, travel, and friendships have greatly formed me.
Things that make me happy: bracelets, music, puppies, travel, reading, the ocean, spending time with people, making stuff with my hands, my bicycle, learning languages.
I am originally from Buffalo, NY; my family recently moved to Lakeland, FL. I am now living in Osaka, Japan for 2 years and I work as an English teacher at a college.
Come August, I have no plans… Any suggestions?
Some things that might be interesting about me…
- I would gladly trade all of my belongings (and some of yours) for a grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup. Also, I love pineapple and tamarindo juice.
- I often struggle with defining myself as a Christian because it is a loaded word. But, I am a Christian. I intend to live a life with Christ as my model, a life of solidarity, advocacy, justice, and love. I avoid dualism, legalism, and loving too little.
- I really love coffee - a lot. I prefer my coffee hot and black and like 3 times a day. I am a firm believer in 3pm cafecitos… a thing that I got hung up on in Costa Rica. It’s coffee with a little pastry snack and it’s the perfect mid-afternoon treat/pick-me-up.
- I would love to travel the US/Canada by bus someday, that sounds like a really great North American adventure. Getting off at my favorite cities or places I’ve never been before. Coast to coast, north to south.
- I studied abroad in Costa Rica in the Fall of 2009. While in that program I studied briefly in Nicaragua and Cuba. In Costa Rica and Nicaragua I stayed with host families that I still keep in contact with today - I hope to visit them again.
- I really am just a liberal with a bleeding heart.
- I’m in Ravenclaw (on Pottermore), but I’m not arrogant or uptight, promise!